I’ve been thinking about some of the ways I’ve changed since I’ve been a mom so I thought it would be fun to share a few! Feel free to add your own…
1. Your new fragrance is Cow and Gate formula. Spritzed on my wrists morning, noon and night! Bye bye Hugo Boss.
2. A bargain is Pampers at £3.50 not half price shoes! (Genuine price in my local shop!)
3. When you go swimming, you don’t actually go swimming!
4. You check if there’s space for you to get on when the bus pulls up… Even when you’re on your own!
5. Loads more people speak to you but don’t actually know your name, hello “Oliver’s mom.”
6. Words are often said twice for no apparent reason. “I think you’ve done a wee wee!” “Do you want mom mom?”
7. You’re willing to spend more money on a pram than you are on a car. And you’re a pram bitch. 1. You don’t care about driving into people, hey you stopped in a doorway twatbag! 2. You’re more likely to bitch about what pram someone has than what outfit they wear…
8. Your handbag is a changing bag with a purse in it… Or your handbag is full of wipes, bottles and nappies with a purse squeezed in.
9. This is the biggest stress of your day… Why is somebody ALWAYS in the baby change room? Why do they take 15 mins when I take 3? And why oh why are you in there with a FOUR year old that doesn’t even fit on the mat, why isn’t she trained by now?
10. Baby wipe around my face counts as a morning wash right?
I submitted this post to Metro blogs and they liked it! They asked me to rework it slightly and they published the adjusted version.
Check out my post on Getting Your Blog Published.